Candle Care

  • Always allow your new candle to reach a full melt pool on the first burn. Soy wax has the memory of an elephant and will tunnel, which will impact the life of your candle if you do not let the wax melt to the edges of the jar. A full melt pool can usually be reached between 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the vessel.
  • Always trim your wick to 1/4 inch before every burn. Doing this will avoid excess smoke and control the size of the flame.
  • Always place your candle on a flat, flame retardant surface, away from drafts, children, pets, curtains, furniture, etc. Never leave your lit candle unattended.
  • When not in use, keep your candle in a cool, dark, and dry place.
  • Do not burn your candle for more than four hours at a time. Longer times may overheat the glass and cause it break.
  • Discontinue use of your candle when there is 1/2 inch of wax remaining. Not doing so will likely also cause the glass to break from overheating.

 

Done with your candle?

Reuse, reuse, reuse! Soy wax is very easy to clean. Simply use warm water and a little soap to clean out the remaining wax.